This guide will help you set up your Xbox 360. We currently support Netflix and Hulu Plus on the Xbox 360.
If you are using multiple Wi-Fi networks you may have to repeat this setup when you change to a different Wi-Fi network.
There are number of steps involved but fortunately this should only be necessary once. We have divided this into three categories.
For those who haven’t been able to see the US catalogue you need to do the following to get it working again:
Settings > System > Storage > Hard Drive > Games and Apps > Netflix > Saved Game > Delete
After deleting this data you will need to log into Netflix again.
- A. Link to playmoTVUnlink from playmoTV
- Navigate all the way to the right and select Settings
- Select Console Settings > Language and Locale and choose United States.
- From Settings select Network Settings
- You can either choose Wired settings or WiFi. We use wired in this case.
- Select Configure Network
- Click DNS settings
- Select Manual
You need to be logged in to view this part
Or if you don't have one yet, create one right now an start your free 7 day trial.
- Select Automatic
- On your remote press the red B button to go back
- Select Test Xbox LIVE Connection – this should tell you that everything is OK. If not make sure you have done everything according to the steps above.
- To make sure your settings have been successfully changed you may need to turn off your Xbox 360 by holding the big Xbox button in the middle of your remote until you see this screen.
- B. Create a Xbox Live Account
- Microsoft does make it a bit complicated by using weird names for this service. The first thing is a Windows Live ID (a hotmail.com or live.com email) and the second is the Xbox Live Account. We have found that the best way to sign-up for the Xbox Live account is to create a new email address specifically for this purpose but if you are already using a US Xbox Live account (Gold Membership or better) then you are set and can start streaming Netflix and Hulu Plus on your Xbox.
Creating a new hotmail.com or live.com email
It is easiest to accomplish this using the browser on your desktop computer. The email address you create in this step will then be your Windows Live ID. If you are already using a hotmail.com or live.com email you still need to create a new one to make sure your email is associated with a valid US Address.
- You need to make sure you have a valid US Address, Phone number etc. We highly recommend fakenamegenerator.com
- Click here to register a new email. Complete the form with your own information but just use fakenamegenerator.com for the US Address, State, Zip code and Phone number
Creating Xbox Live account
When you have successfully created your Windows Live ID you can proceed to creating your Xbox Live Account in your Xbox Console.
- Restart your Xbox and you should be asked to select your Profile. Here you select Create New profile
- Type a name of your choice and click Done
- Now choose your Avatar
- Optionally style your Avatar. When you are finished press Save and Exit.
- Now your profile is ready and you are ready to create your Xbox Live account. Go to Apps and select Marketplace.
- Select Join Xbox LIVE, it’s the only thing you can select on this screen
- Next you select Yes
- Wait for your Xbox to make the connection and then click Continue
- Now enter the first name you where given by fakenamegenerator.com and click Done
- Enter the email address (Windows Live ID) you created in step B and click Done
- Create a password and click Done, then you will need to confirm your password
- Secret Question is set here. In case you lose your password you can reset it with the secret question so choose your own question and answer it accordingly.
- Account Protection is another reset option. We recommend using an alternate email address and adding your personal email address.
- When asked for Date of birth it’s best to make sure you are older then 20 years old. Otherwise your account will be created as a child account.
- Now you will get an overview of your information and you just click Continue
- Next screen shows you Privacy Settings where you just click Continue
- Terms and preferences can be read here but afterwards you click Accept
- Now your account is almost ready and after a few seconds you get a screen where you just click Continue
- Next step is to create your Xbox Gold membership. This is done so you can access the apps for streaming media, i.e. Netflix and Hulu Plus.
- When you first create your account you get an offer to buy 1 month for $1. After that month you will need to renew you subscription for $799 a month. We successfully bought our first month with our PayPal account using an International Credit Card. The safest way to buy your Xbox Gold Membership is by using a pre-paid virtual card which you can purchase from multiple vendors online. We have tried and tested the cards from buyfrompowerseller.com and can confirm them to work.
Now your Xbox Live account is ready. Just go to Apps and select Marketplace again and you should be able to download the Netflix app and the Hulu Plus app.
- C. Create a Netflix / Hulu Plus Account
- You need to have an account on Netflix and/or Hulu. Signing up for a Netflix account is really easy and we even provide you with a step-by-step guide. Signing up for a Hulu Plus is not hard either. Take a look at our blog post describing the process in detail.