WHY DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
The information we learn from our customers help us personalise and improve our services in effort to provide you with a superior customer experience.
Your personal information also allows us to communicate with you about special offers, promotions, and other marketing programs and news that may be of interest to you.
The information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience. Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our services. We continually strive to improve our service offering based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service. Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- For demographic profiling. In order to better understand our customer base and adapt our services accordingly.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other interactive site feature.
- To send periodic emails. The email address you provide for order processing, will only be used to send you information and updates regarding our services. Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
- To process transactions and carry out our obligations from any contracts entered between you and us.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DOES playmoTV COLLECT?
We collect information from you when you register on our site or engage with the services provided by playmoTV. The personal information can include your name in combination with your email address, billing address, phone number, or credit card information. In addition, anonymous demographic information may be collected, including age, gender, preferences, interests and favourites.
- Information that you provide to us
We receive and store any information that you provide by filling in forms on our website or give us in any other way. This may include among others your actions when; creating an online account; subscribing to our services, posting a blog or participating in an online community; and signing up for ‘Invite-a-friend’ emails.
- Information automatically collected
When you interact with us, we automatically receive and store certain types of information. This may include information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website, such as the domain and host from which you access the Internet; the IP address of the computer used; the date and time you access our websites; and the Internet address of the website that referred you to our site. This is statistical information used to monitor the usage of our websites and as necessary for our business. This information does not include personal information.
- Email communications
If you contact us by email or other communications, we may keep a record of that correspondence in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
YES, WE DO LIKE COOKIES
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer and are commonly used on the internet. The way they work, is that a site or its service provider transfers a text file to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow). This text file enables the site to recognise your browser and capture and remember certain information.
Some cookies are temporary, or session cookies, and are deleted as soon as you close your browser. Some cookies, such as persistent cookies, are stored on your computer or other device until you remove them or they expire. We may work with third-party service providers, using so-called third party cookies to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
These cookies store information on your personal preferences and enable us to:
- Speed up navigation
- Take note of your preferences, allowing us to customise playmoTV to better suit your individual interests.
- Recognise you when you decide to visit playmoTV again
- Remember information you have already provided so you don‘t have to re-enter it
- Tracking user trends, estimating audience size and usage pattern
- Determine the effectiveness of some of our marketing efforts and communications
- Authenticate and authorise you as a customer of our services
If you don‘t like cookies – By activating a setting on your browser, you can receive a warning each time a new cookie is about to be stored on your computer so that you can decide to accept or refuse it. (Best to check out your internet browser‘s help section for specific instructions.)
If you disable cookies, however, this will affect your ability to interact with our site as well as other websites. This will include the inability to login to our services or take advantage of some of playmoTV’s essential features. We therefore recommend you leave them turned on.
YES, WE MAY LINK TO INTERESTING THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Our website may from time to time contain links to and from the websites of third parties websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, note that these third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies, whereby playmoTV does not accept any responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
BUT, WE DON’T DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION TO OUTSIDE PARTIES
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
In certain events, we may disclose your personal information within our company structure or to trusted third parties, e.g.:
- In the event playmoTV buys or sells any business or assets, in which case your personal data may be disclosed to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If playmoTV, or part thereof, is acquired by a third party, whereby personal data held about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- In the event playmoTV is under a duty to comply with any legal obligation, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety.
HOW SECURE IS MY INFORMATION?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
You are responsible for keeping your password confidential. In order to protect against unauthorised access to your password and your computer, it is important that you are sure to sign off after your session when using a shared computer.
By submitting your personal data, you agree to its transfer, storing and processing.
YOU CAN CONTROL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We respect your choices about your personal information. You have the right to access the information we hold about you. When you have logged in to your customer page at playmoTV, you can review and control the personal information held on your account.
If, at any time, you are no longer interested in our services and want to remove your personal information, please send us an email to [email protected]
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails from playmoTV, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
WHAT ABOUT THE KIDS?
Our services are marketed and directed towards purchase by adults or with the consent of adults. We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act). Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older. We do not knowingly collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age or knowingly allow such persons to register for an online account or to post personal information on our website.