What is HBO Max?
HBO Max is a US video subscription service, offering high quality content. The network is famous for their movie-quality TV shows like Game of Thrones, The Sopranos, The Wire and a lot more. All of these shows, and a lot more are available on HBO Max.
HBO reinvented itself by changing from HBO NOW to HBO Max in 2020, and expanding their streaming catalog significantly in the process. The service is only available in a few selection regions, with their international expansion put on hold because of their pending merger with Discovery+, another streaming service that’s also supported here at playmoTV.
Today, HBO Max is the fastest growing streaming service in the US, while Netflix, the original streaming juggernaut, is actually losing subscribers. Users on community sites like Reddit often comment that the reason is simple: HBO Max has the best content.
HBO Max offers watercooler shows like House of The Dragon (the GoT prequel series), Succession, Euphoria, Peacemaker and recent movies like Elvis and DC League of Super-Pets.
Here’s our definite guide on how to sign up for and stream HBO Max from anywhere in the world using the playmoTV DNS gateway.
I wanna access HBO Max right now. What do I need to do?
If you’re not a playmoTV user then you need to do the following (existing users that are linked can go to step 3):
- Sign up for a playmoTV account (takes less than a minute if you sign up via Facebook or Google), or login to your existing account.
- Link your computer or device to the playmoTV gateway so we can help you access HBO Max.
- Sign up for HBO Max via their app or website.
How to much does HBO Max cost?
HBO Max costs $9.99/month with ads or $14.99/month for no ads. HBO Max is also offering a 40% discount of their service if you prepay for a year by October 30.
How do I sign up for HBO Max?
If you are correctly linked to playmoTV, then you have two options when signing up for HBO Max:
- Signing up on their website. If you wish to sign up for HBO Max on their website, then you need to use a US issued credit card. For that purpose, you can use StatesCard, a virtual credit card provider that helps users pay for streaming services that only accept US credit cards.
- Signing up via the HBO Max app on iOS (iPhone or iPad) or Apple TV. If you have one of these devices, then you can download the app and sign up for their service. If you opt for this route you can easily fund the account using US iTunes gift cards from a site like GiftCardCabin. By funding the account via gift cards you also restrict other users in your household (usually children) from accidentally spending a fortune on in-app purchases or digital rentals in the App Store or the iTunes Movie and TV Store.
Once you have created your subscription you can use your HBO Max credentials on all devices, even the browser.
Supported devices for HBO Max
If you have an active account with playmoTV, and you are linked to our beloved playmoTV DNS gateway, then you can access HBO Max anywhere in the world on its supported devices. Website: www.hbomax.com