If you have wanted to try HBO Max for a while, but their monthly price has kept you from signing up, then you should be happy to know that earlier this week HBO Max launched an ad-supported plan for $9.99/month instead of the standard (and ad-free) $14.99-per-month plan.
The cheaper subscription plan will offer access to the full HBO Max content catalog. A notable omission on the ad-supported plan are Warner Bros 2021 movie premieres the same day as theaters. Those are only available if you opt for the Ad-free option which is $14.99/month.
The movies that have been part of the theatrical Warner Bros movie slate for the past few months are the following films:
- The Little Things
- Judas and the Black Messiah
- Tom & Jerry
- Godzilla vs. Kong
- Mortal Kombat
- Those Who Wish Me Dead
- The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It (Available June 4 through July 4)
And the following movies will be released on HBO Max at the same day as theatres for the rest of this year.
- In The Heighs – Available June 18
- Space Jam: A New Legacy – Available July 16
- The Suicide Squad – Available August 6
- Reminiscence – September 3
- Malignant – September 10
- The Many Saints of Newark – Available September 24
- Dune – Available October 1
- King Richard – Available November 19
- Matrix 4 – Available December 22
- Cry Macho – TBD