The playmoTV DNS gateway works well with Windows 8.
If you are using multiple Wi-Fi networks you may have to repeat this setup when you change to a new Wi-Fi network.
Setup using the playmoTV Linker
Or setup manually
- From the Home screen move the mouse to the top right corner of the screen and select Search.
- In the search field, type Control and click Control Panel from the results.
- Select Network and Internet.
- Select Network and Sharing Center.
- Click Change adapter settings on the left hand side of the window.
- Depending on how you connect to the Internet, select Wireless Network Connection (if you are using Wi-Fi / wireless Internet), or your Local Area Connection (if you are using Ethernet or cable) by right clicking the icon and then select Properties. A new window should open up.
- In the new window, select Internet protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and then click the Properties button to the right.
- A new window should open up as demonstrated, its called an Internet Protocol window.
You need to be logged in to view this part
Already a member?
- Next step is important, you have to restart your computer, open a browser and navigate to the playmo.TV login page. Simple? Yes, we think so.
- If you use Avast Anti-virus, make sure that Secure DNS is not enabled, as that disables the usage of custom DNS servers. Click here for information on how to disable it.